Sepilok Orangutan Centre Half Day Tour
- Travel to Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre on a 3 hour tour
- See orangutans (only found in Malaysia) in their natural habitat
- One of the top things to do in Sabah
- See baby orangutans nurtured back to health, watch them play in dipterocarp forest and even participate in feedings
- Conveniently visit Sepilok without worrying about transportation as hotel pick up and drop off is included
Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre in the Malaysian Sabah District of North Borneo was founded in 1964, to rehabilitate orphaned orangutans.
It has since grown from having just an outdoor platform to having an Outdoor Nursery viewing area. It is also located within the vicinity of the Kabili Rainforest, making the area suitable for trekking and birding.
Generally visitors to Sepilok are able to see orangutans during the scheduled 10:00am and 3:00pm feeding session at the platform. Alternatively, some orangutans can be seen from the outdoor nursery. Have there been occasions where no orangutans have not shown up for feeding? Admittedly yes! And we give you this heads up, while not something that occurs frequently, the main reason the orangutans may not appear during feeding time, is because they managed to get food in the wild, especially during fruiting season. This is indeed a great feat in actual fact, as the whole purpose is to ensure these primates understand that their natural home is in the wild and not to be dependent instead on a conditioned environment.
9:00am-11:00am | 2:00pm-3:00pm
Specification: Sepilok Orangutan Centre Half Day Tour